Lineman Training –
- Landing Zone Safety
- Proper Rigging Loads
- Helicopter Skid Transfers
- Mid-span Conductor Transfers (Installation of vibration dampers)
- Proper Hot Washing techniques
- H.E.C. (Working with a Bowsman chair or fly harness)
- Working off the platform
- Electrical theory (Classroom)
- Hot Insulators change out using hot stick method and helicopter support
- Hot cross arm change out with helicopter support
- Energized spacer change out
- Inferred and Corona inspection (Data collection, secure storage and processing)
- Working the wire environment. (Host Country) Real time training by a Wake Lineman instructor on the wire with student as work is being performed on the line.
- Load factor training
Ground Personnel & Support Crew
Crew Transport and support vehicles –
- Locating and delivery of trucks and trailers
- Prepare trucks and trailers
- Set up of fuel tanks, aviation pumps and grounding system for hot fueling in the field.
- Identification and set-up of crew support vehicles
- Line trailer set up to support crews with proper rigging. (Hoist, slings, grips, hook ladders, etc.)
- Maintain hot stick trailer.
- Maintain mechanic truck and trailer. (Set up with tooling to make repairs in the field.)
Set up of fixed base of operation –
- Hangar and headquarters set up and maintenance
- Helicopter parking and coordination
- Setup and maintenance of maintenance bay with overhead crane
- Machine Shop setup and operations
- Parts Storage and inventory schedules
- Information technology, Wi-Fi, computer and communication set up
- Maintain back up generator with automatic throw over switch
- Set up and maintenance of offices and classrooms
- Camera set up and alarm system monitoring
- Identification and purchase of tools needed
- Maintenance and upkeep of Hot Stick tools and tester for hot stick trailer
- Management of hoist, slings, grips, hook ladders, mechanical jumpers, grounds, etc.
- Maintain and service hydraulic tools, press head and motors, punch, crimp tools
- Identify and set up aircraft for specific application in power line operations
- Maintain and supply operational systems on the helicopters. (load cells, door mounted TQ, TOT, and master alarm, etc.
- Maintain HEC (Human External Cargo) belly bands, ropes, fly harness, fly chair, etc.
- Maintain and secure storage of gimbel mounted Infrared, Corona, video system
- Maintain and secure storage of Lidar system if desired
Linemen and ground support personnel will be trained using Wake Aviation’s Safety Program geared specifically toward line operations and related aspects to the wire and aviation environments.